Chief Executive Officer
(4 /5 days a week negotiable)
Some weekend work will be required, as the management of
race days is seen as a major part of the role.
The Tasmanian Racing Club (TRC) is calling applications for the position of Chief Executive Officer based at TAB Park Elwick.
The TRC conducts approximately 22 race meeting each year including the club’s premier Summer Carnival, incorporating Derby Day and the Hobart Cup held in February.
The Club employs 4 permanent staff with numerous casuals. In addition to its outstanding racing facilities, the club is an entertainment facility, hosting many varied events and functions.
The Chief Executive Officer is directly responsible and accountable to the Chairman and Committee of the Club for contributing to and the delivery of its strategic direction, implementing its policies and directives and managing its ongoing business requirements.
The appointee will have a successful background in business administration in a leadership role. Ideally this will be in a customer focussed organisation, with full financial and profit responsibility. The appointee will have sound business and commercial skills and a willingness and ability to work with people at all levels of club administration, including government, Tasracing, other racing clubs and other clubs within the tri-code venue.
The successful applicant will require/have:
1. Proven strategic leadership and motivation skills
2. Strong communication skills including relationship building
3. Proven capacity to build and develop effective teams
4. Proven and effective, stakeholder management, coupled with a clear customer focus
5. Capacity to undertake and/or experience in securing and managing sponsorships
6. Proven business and financial acumen and organisational management
7. Experience in marketing and event management is highly desirable but not essential
8. Knowledge of the racing industry is extremely beneficial but not essential
Applications addressing the above criteria should be addressed to:
Tasmanian Racing Club
PO Box 45 Glenorchy, TAS 7010
Alternatively, they can be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding this position contact the TRC at email@example.com